News - MUSEUM OF STRATEGIC MISSILE FORCES
Intercontinental Ballistic Missile base of ICBM silo launcher Pervomaisk was located in the territory of Odesa, Mykolaiv and Kirovograd oblast (district), in the area of 3200 ha with permanent disposition in Pervomaisk in Mykolaiv oblast.
ICBM base consisted of 9 groups of launching facilities equipped with intercontinental ballistic missiles:
- RS-18 - 40 pcs.,
- RS-22 - 46 pcs.
- In the housing estate there were 22 military units and subunits located;
- Barracks - 6 buildings for 2966 persons;
- Dining rooms - 2 per 1500 seats;
- Training corps - 2 consisting of 57 classrooms;
- Vehicle fleet - 79 buildings for 160 units of equipment;
- Warehouse facilities - 9 warehouses for 102 carriages.
Support object. At this object there was a complex of special constructions and buildings located, where special movable aggregates and machinery designed to keep launch silo and command points in readiness for action, to carry out different kind of maintenance, corrective action of missile munitions.
Combat alert duty - basic activity of the ISBM Base staff. To carry on the combat alert duty there were duty shifts posted, which fulfilled monitory and control tasks with missile munitions at control posts, which were equipped with facilities of combat control and communications, with technical and technological systems.
Solitary helicopter squadron (air-transport subdivision) was earmarked for support and restoration of army troops to combat affectivity, for anti-sabotage and reconnaissance actions of enemy groups, for different kind of aerial reconnaissance, for casualty air evacuation, for solution of transport task in execution of emergency rehabilitation and search-and-rescue work, for transfer of military staff and supplies.
Since 1993 till 2001 in accordance with Complex Phasedown and Liquidation programs of Missile complexes ICBM RS-18, RS-22 based on ICBM Pervomaisk liquidation works on launching silos, command posts and infrastructure of the base were held. Since 2002 it's a museum.